I had no idea how much work it would be to produce content, at least initially, for a podcast. My zoom in and focus teacher’s brain doesn’t realize how much time goes by when I am outlining and planning. The desire to make things perfect has me redoing everything and rethinking hours of work. I am glad to say, however, that I have nailed down two episode outlines and have changed my self-talk through the process.
- I don’t have to be perfect.
- I will not overthink things, I just need to get it done. The quality will be there. I am working hard to ensure of that.
- I should not have an expectation for a certain outcome. People are unpredictable. I chose to do this to be in service to others, but I am also doing it because I get joy out of the process. This is a fun and exciting endeavor.
- I should not rush, but I should also not stall because of fear.
- I trust that I communicate well verbally. I have been a teacher for almost 10 years in front of one of the toughest crowds imaginable, teenagers!
I have been at this all day. I started sometime around 10 or 11 am and am creating this post at 7:40 pm. Time to put things away and take a break. I may not even complete my first recording until Monday or Tuesday, but I am well on my way to accomplishing it. I also still plan to post an exclusive episode on this website that will not be posted elsewhere as a thank you for sticking with me. Please comment or e-mail me some topic suggestions, if you wish to become a guest on the podcast, provide some feedback, or just to let me know if you are having or have had some mind waking moments in your life. You can send an e-mail to email@example.com and who knows, I may have the chance to feature or promote your message or comments on an upcoming episode. I hope you are all well. More updates to come.